Project Manager - Defence
Job no: 492319
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Project Management
Duratec Australia is a multi-disciplined builder and maintenance contractor and regarded as one of Australia's fastest growing privately owned companies with over 12 branches across Australia.
Our highly experienced Defence Division is dedicated to the delivery of capital facilities infrastructure and estate works program projects. Due to an increasing portfolio of awarded contracts, we are seeking an experienced Project Manager operating on site and at our office in Adelaide.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting to the National Defence Manager, you will be primarily responsible for overall management of various Defence projects within the Adelaide area as well as regional projects as required which includes the overall running of the projects including planning, coordination and controlling the projects to completion.
Due to the nature of this role regular site travel across the projects would be expected for to attend regular site inspections and client meetings.
Critical functions of the role include:
- Controlling and managing all aspects of the project
- Project managing from initial site setup to completion
- Ensuring compliance with HSECQ requirements
- Ensuring effective cost control and efficient running of the project
- Coordinating direct labour and subcontractors
- Project progress reporting and conducting weekly meetings
- Provision of advice on any technical and engineering issues
- Liaise closely with the client ensuring project runs to program
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Minimum of 5 years' Project Management experience in a similar role - Defence experience highly regarded
- Degree qualified in Engineering or Construction Management is preferred but not essential
- Broad and detailed knowledge of Construction methodologies and Project Management skills
- Previous experience managing a portfolio of smaller projects and site based resources
- Team player with solid negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to develop employees and build strong successful teams
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced and dedicated professional to make their mark whilst working for a positive and cohesive organisation with a strong reputation. If you are looking for a challenging position with genuine development and progression opportunities then we want to hear from you.
An attractive remuneration package is on offer, negotiable with skills and experience including a company vehicle.
You would be joining an existing successful and growing business where the foundations for growth and support required to build have already been established.
The role is supported by an established project base along with a strong pipeline of new works.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and are passionate about joining a fast and growing company then we want to hear from you. To apply please click on Apply and complete the online application form.
Duratec Australia is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
**NO AGENCY CONTACT AT THIS TIME**
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend