Job no: 493253
Work type: Full Time - White Collar
Location: Perth - Balcatta
Categories: Project Management
Duratec is an ASX listed project-based contractor offering a full range of remediation services with more than 15 branches across Australia servicing the Mining, Defence, Oil and Gas, Industrial and Marine industries along with Government assets and Commercial Infrastructure including Heritage buildings.
Due to an expanding portfolio of awarded contracts within our Defence sector, we are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our WA Defence Team working out of our Balcatta base. Reporting to the Defence State Lead WA, you will be primarily responsible for overall management of the projects in the Division including planning, coordination and controlling a construction and building project through to completion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Controlling and managing all aspects of the projects involving new Commercial Builds and remediation of Defence Projects
- Project managing from initial site setup to completion
- Ensuring compliance with HSECQ requirements
- Ensuring effective cost control and efficient running of the project
- Coordinating direct labour and subcontractors
- Project progress reporting and conducting weekly meetings
- Provision of advice on any technical and engineering issues
- Liaise closely with the client ensuring project runs to program
Along with several years’ experience in a similar role within the building and construction industry (Defence construction and/or refurbishment experience is highly regarded), to be successful in this role you will maintain:
- Extensive project management and delivery skills, including budgeting, coordinating work priorities, cost control, stakeholder management, subcontractor management, documentation, statutory approvals
- Outstanding leadership skills with the ability to grow and develop a high performing team
- The ability to develop, maintain and influence positive working relationships with stakeholders of all levels
- An understanding of safety policies and procedures and the ability to inspire a positive safety culture
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or Construction
- Flexibility to travel to Melbourne on occasion
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE
Our fast paced and supportive working environment will provide you with a wide range of employee benefits including competitive rates and the ongoing opportunity for career progression.
- Choice of a fully maintained vehicle or car allowance
- Phone and laptop
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- Rewarding and supportive culture
HOW TO APPLY
Please click on apply and complete the online application form. Please call Claire Douglas on 6206 6992 with any queries.
Duratec is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
Duratec have signed the Veterans Employment Commitment, illustrating that we value the skills and experience of ex-ADF members and will consider veterans for our employment opportunities.
*NO AGENCY CONTACT AT THIS TIME*
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend