Job no: 493255
Work type: Full Time - White Collar
Location: Sydney, Newcastle
Categories: Estimating and Contracts Administration
Duratec is an ASX listed project-based contractor with a national footprint of 16 branches across Australia providing innovative whole of life engineering, construction and remediation solutions in Mining, Defence, Oil and Gas, Marine, Industrial and Commercial industries.
Due to an expanding portfolio of awarded contracts, we are currently seeking an experienced and proactive Estimator to join our Estimating team based in our Newcastle office. Reporting into the NNSW Area Operations Manager, you will primarily be responsible for estimating tenders and quotes (projects ranging from $200K-$10m), and ensuring that tenders are accurate, submitted on time and within the conditions of the tender. You will be engaging with internal and external stakeholders and working as part of a supportive and growing projects division.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing accurate cost and drafting estimates
- Collecting and following up on quotes from suppliers
- Executing tender requests and submissions
- Maintaining and producing accurate project records and reports
- Conduct commercial, risk and profitability reviews
- Detailed tender handover with traceability and support into pre-contracts and delivery
- Liaising with the team to ensure effective communication across all projects
Ideally you maintain previous experience as an Estimator from the building and construction industry. Your ability to be flexible and have a "can-do" attitude with excellent written and verbal communication skills, will ensure that you succeed in this role.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Estimating experience gained within a contractor environment similar to Duratec and/or experience in the remediation environment would be highly beneficial
- Strong interpersonal skills, confidence, and professionalism
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- A strong, financial and commercial acumen is also a must, as well as the ability to identify new project opportunities and ensuring a high success rate of team bids
- High level attention to detail and the ability to work to set timeframes
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE
We strive to foster a working environment that supports every individual to attain their best potential with a wide range of employee benefits and ongoing opportunity to develop individual capability including:
- Laptop and phone
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- Range of perks including salary packaging options and discounted health insurance
HOW TO APPLY
Please click on apply and complete the online application form. Please call Claire Douglas, Recruitment Advisor on 08 6206 6992 if you have any confidential questions regarding the opportunity.
Duratec is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
*NO AGENCY CONTACT AT THIS TIME*
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend