Graduate Project Coordinator
Job no: 493308
Work type: Full Time - White Collar
Categories: Project Engineering
Duratec is an ASX listed project-based contractor with a national footprint of 16 branches across Australia providing innovative whole of life engineering, construction and remediation solutions in Mining, Defence, Oil and Gas, Marine, Industrial and Commercial industries.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Due to continued growth within our Newcastle Defence team, we are currently seeking an energetic and motivated Graduate Project Coordinator. This role will involve a two-year graduate program and is both office-based works in our Newcastle office and some site-based Defence projects around the region. Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be primarily responsible for assisting the project team in all day-to-day operations and running of Defence building and refurbishment projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
During your two-year graduate program, under the guidance and support of your leaders and colleagues, duties will include:
- Preparing tender submissions and assisting our Estimating team
- Planning and coordination of works, equipment and personnel
- Preparing and submitting progress claims
- Monitoring project costs
- Co-coordinating direct labour workforce and sub-contractors
- Programming and scheduling works
- Quantity take-offs
- Tertiary qualifications in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or Mechanical engineering
- Previous experience in a similar role with site experience is highly regarded
- A strong sense of commitment, a willingness to learn
- Sound verbal, written communication and relationship building skills
- The ability to work methodically and autonomously
- Ability to prioritise and meet conflicting deadlines in a busy environment
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Current drivers’ licence
- Willingness to drive in/out to remote sites if required
Please note: All Defence vacancies require a current police clearance to be provided during the recruitment process. Australian Permanent resident or Citizenship is required for Defence base work.
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE
We strive to foster a working environment that supports every individual to attain their best potential with a wide range of employee benefits and ongoing opportunity to develop individual capability including:
- Participate in our two-year Graduate Program with ongoing mentoring and development
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Work-life balance
- Rewarding and supportive culture
If you have recently graduated, this is a fantastic opportunity to join our growing Victorian Defence operations and gain firsthand industry experience in a busy environment offering you lots of career development opportunities and ongoing mentoring.
HOW TO APPLY
Please click on apply and complete the online application form.
Duratec is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
Duratec have signed the Veterans Employment Commitment, illustrating that we value the skills and experience of ex-ADF members and will consider veterans for our employment opportunities.
*NO AGENCY CONTACT AT THIS TIME*
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend