Job no: 493340
Work type: Full Time - White Collar
Categories: Project Management
DDR Australia is an Indigenous owned and managed company operating Australia-wide. We deliver Construction, Maintenance and Civil projects across a wide range of industries including Mining, Defence and Infrastructure.
DDR Australia is committed to the genuine engagement of Indigenous people ensuring that we establish a work environment that is welcoming, respectful and understanding of indigenous culture.
We are currently looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our Darwin based operation to manage our diverse Defence projects.
Reporting to the State Lead, you will primarily be responsible for managing new construction and refurbishment works across multiple Defence bases in the NT including diverse projects on heritage listed buildings, fuel installations, civil packages, electrical and security upgrades and general building refurbishment works for our clients. Moreover, as the Project Manager you will also be responsible for the planning, coordination and controlling of the projects from construction through to completion whilst adhering to strict safety conditions and Defence protocols.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Controlling and managing all aspects of the project
- Project managing from initial site setup to completion
- Ensuring compliance with HSECQ requirements
- Ensuring effective cost control and reporting
- Coordinating direct labour and subcontractors
- Project progress reporting and conducting weekly meetings
- Provision of advice on any technical and engineering issues
- Liaise closely with the client ensuring project runs to program
- Strong leadership skills and understanding of leadership responsibilities
- Have a high level of understanding and appreciation for Safety
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role within the construction industry
- Experience managing project costs and reporting
- Engineering, construction management or similar tertiary qualification is desirable
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and MS Project
- Be adaptable and flexible to travel around the NT Region
Please note: All Defence project vacancies require a current police clearance to be provided during the recruitment process.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
DDR Australia is a busy, successful project delivery environment that will suit well organised people with strong interpersonal skills willing to work as part of experienced teams. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organisation and play an integral part in its success and continued growth.
- Phone, laptop and vehicle or car allowance included
- Learning and development opportunities
- Range of perks including salary packaging options and discounted health insurance
HOW TO APPLY
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and are passionate about joining a fast and growing company, then we want to hear from you. To apply please click on Apply and complete the online application form. Please call Claire Douglas on 08 6206 6992 if you require further information.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly recommended to apply!
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend