Job no: 493342
Work type: Full Time - White Collar
Categories: Health Safety Environment & Quality
DDR Australia is an Aboriginal owned and managed company operating Australia-wide. We deliver Construction, Maintenance and Civil projects across a wide range of industries, including Mining, Defence and Infrastructure.
DDR Australia is committed to the genuine engagement of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples ensuring that we establish a work environment that is welcoming, respectful and understanding of their culture.
Due to our continued growth, we are currently seeking an experienced HSEQ Advisor to join our growing NT team. Reporting to the HSEQ Manager, you will primarily be responsible for promoting a positive safety culture and safe work practices, monitoring and coaching project teams on HSEQ compliance with management system policies, management plans and procedures across a range of Defence construction projects.
This role is a mix between site-based project support across several Defence bases, resource and infrastructure, and residential projects in NT and time spent in our Winnellie office and offers exposure to a diverse range of projects.
As well as developing management plans, field work inspections and assisting in setting up and managing sites from a HSEQ point of view, your responsibilities include:
- Promoting safety culture and safe work practices
- Conduct HSEQ site inspections and audits, pre-start meetings and Toolbox meetings
- Advising and educating site personnel of legislative requirements and changes to comply with company procedures
- Assisting the project team in the preparation and implementation of HSEQ documentation
- Administering incident and hazard reporting processes and actions as per company procedures
- Coordinate HSEQ training programs including the maintenance of competency standards
- Actively analysing HSEQ performance, reporting, system updates
- Maintaining the company Integrated Management System to an accredited level
- Compiling project specific HSEQ documentation to support tender bids
To be successful in this role you will be an experienced field based HSEQ Advisor within the construction industry – Defence exposure an advantage. In addition, you will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
- Strong knowledge of Environmental legislation and compliance
- Capable of self-managing your time across multiple projects
- Experience in creating safety and environmental management plans
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft skills
- Recognised tertiary qualifications in Health & Safety or similar discipline
You will require flexibility to travel between sites.
Please note: All defence roles require a medical carried out and a current police clearance to be provided during the recruitment process.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
DDR Australia is a busy, thriving project delivery environment that will suit well-organised people with strong interpersonal skills willing to work as part of experienced teams. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organisation and play an integral part in its success and continued growth.
- Phone, laptop and vehicle or car allowance included
- Employee recognition programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- Range of perks including salary packaging options and discounted health insurance
HOW TO APPLY
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and are passionate about joining a fast and growing company, then we want to hear from you. Please click on apply and complete the online application form. Please call Claire Douglas, Recruitment Advisor on 6206 6992 if you have any queries in relation to this opportunity.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly recommended to apply!
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend