HSEQ Advisor- Defence
Job no: 493348
Work type: Full Time - White Collar
Categories: Health Safety Environment & Quality
Duratec is a multi-disciplined builder and maintenance contractor with over 15 branches across Australia servicing the Defence, Mining, Oil and Gas, Industrial, Marine industries along with Government assets and Commercial Infrastructure including heritage buildings.
Due to our growth within the commercial, industrial and defence sectors, we are currently seeking an experienced HSECQ Advisor to join our growing defence team. Reporting to the HSECQ Manager, you will primarily be responsible for the provision of HSECQ compliance with management system policies, management plans and procedures across a range of projects.
This role is a mix between site-based project support and time spent in our office located in Glen Iris, an opportunity that offers exposure to a diverse range of projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As well as developing management plans, field work inspections and assisting in setting up sites, your responsibilities include:
- Compiling project specific HSECQ documentation to support tender bids
- Assisting the project team in the preparation and implementation of HSECQ documentation
- Advising and educating site personnel of legislative requirements and changes to comply with company procedures
- Administering incident and hazard reporting processes and actions as per company procedures
- Assisting management to encourage a healthy safe and environmentally responsible working culture amongst personnel
- Conduct HSECQ site inspections and audits, pre-start meetings and Toolbox meetings
- Coordinate HSECQ training programs including the maintenance of competency standards
- Actively analysing HSECQ performance, reporting, system updates
- Maintaining the company Integrated Management System to an accredited level
To be successful in this role you will be an experienced field based HSECQ Advisor within the construction industry. In addition, you will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
- Strong knowledge of Environmental legislation and compliance
- Capable of self-managing your time across multiple projects
- Experience in creating high level Environmental Management Plans
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft skills
- Recognised tertiary qualifications in Health & Safety or similar discipline
You will require flexibility to travel between sites and on occasion to regional areas.
The ability to complete a medical and if required a police check is essential for this role.
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE
We are currently undergoing a period of growth and are seeking motivated, highly organised individuals with strong interpersonal skills to join our project delivery and support teams. Our supportive working environment will provide you with a wide range of employee benefits including competitive industry rates and the ongoing opportunity for career progression.
- Car allowance
- Employee Recognition Program
- Work-Life balance
- Mentoring by industry leaders
- Rewarding and supportive culture
HOW TO APPLY
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and are passionate about joining a fast and growing company, then we want to hear from you! To apply please click on Apply and complete the online application form.
Duratec Australia is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
**NO AGENCY CONTACT AT THIS TIME**
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend