• Competitive industry remuneration including either vehicle or car allowance
• Work with an established company with an outstanding culture
• Enjoy working between the office and visiting site and enjoying challenges every day
Duratec is a multi-disciplined builder and maintenance contractor with over 15 branches across Australia. Our highly experienced Defence division is dedicated to the delivery of capital facilities infrastructure and estate works program projects across Australia nationally.
Due to an expanding portfolio of awarded contracts, we are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our team in the East Gippsland Region. Reporting to the Defence State Lead, you will be primarily responsible for overall management of the projects in the Division including planning, coordination and controlling a construction and building project through to completion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role you will be responsible for:
• Controlling and managing all aspects of the projects involving new Commercial Builds and remediation of Defence Projects
• Project managing from initial site setup to completion
• Ensuring compliance with HSECQ requirements
• Ensuring effective cost control and efficient running of the project
• Coordinating direct labour and subcontractors
• Project progress reporting and conducting weekly meetings
• Provision of advice on any technical and engineering issues
• Liaise closely with the client ensuring project runs to program
Along with several years’ experience in a similar role within the building and construction industry (Defence construction and/or refurbishment experience is highly regarded), to be successful in this role you will maintain:
• Extensive project management and delivery skills, including budgeting, coordinating work priorities, cost control, stakeholder management, subcontractor management, documentation, statutory approvals
• Outstanding leadership skills with the ability to grow and develop a high performing team
• The ability to develop, maintain and influence positive working relationships with stakeholders of all levels
• An understanding of safety policies and procedures and the ability to inspire a positive safety culture
• Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or Construction
• Flexibility to travel to Melbourne on occasion
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE
Our fast paced and supportive working environment will provide you with a wide range of employee benefits including competitive rates and the ongoing opportunity for career progression.
• Choice of a fully maintained vehicle or car allowance
• Employee Recognition Programs
• Learning and development opportunities
• Rewarding and supportive culture
HOW TO APPLY
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and are passionate about joining a fast and growing company then we want to hear from you! To apply please click on Apply and complete the online application form. If you would like to have a confidential conversation about this opportunity, please call Lucielle De Quintal, Recruitment Advisor on 08 6206 6944.
Duratec Australia is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
Duratec have signed the Veterans Employment Commitment, illustrating that we value the skills and experience of ex-ADF members and will consider veterans for our employment opportunities.
**NO AGENCY CONTACT AT THIS TIME**