Job no: 493415
Work type: Full Time - White Collar
Location: Katherine, Darwin
Categories: Health Safety Environment & Quality
Duratec is an ASX listed project-based contractor with a national footprint of 16 branches across Australia providing innovative whole of life engineering, construction and remediation solutions in Mining, Defence, Oil and Gas, Marine, Industrial and Commercial industries.
Due to our continued growth, we are currently seeking an experienced HSEQ Advisor to join our growing Katherine based team. Reporting to the HSEQ Manager, you will primarily be responsible for promoting a positive safety culture and safe work practices, monitoring, and coaching project teams on HSEQ compliance with management system policies, management plans and procedures across a range of Defence construction projects.
This role is Katherine based on our project sites, FIFO, DIDO and residential options will be considered.
As well as developing management plans, field work inspections and assisting in setting up and managing sites from a HSEQ point of view, your responsibilities include:
- Promoting safety culture and safe work practices
- Reviewing subcontractor HSEQ documentation during mobilisation
- Interoperating and implementing client HSE requirements
- Conduct HSEQ site inspections and audits, pre-start meetings and Toolbox meetings
- Advising and educating site personnel of legislative requirements and changes to comply with company procedures
- Assisting the project team in the preparation and implementation of HSEQ documentation
- Administering incident and hazard reporting processes and actions as per company procedures
- Coordinate HSEQ training programs including the maintenance of competency standards
- Actively analysing HSEQ performance, reporting, system updates
- Maintaining the company Integrated Management System to an accredited level
To be successful in this role you will be an experienced field based HSEQ Advisor within the construction industry – Defence exposure an advantage. In addition, you will have:
- Proven HSEQ experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
- Knowledge of WHS and Environmental legislation and compliance
- Capable of self-managing your time across multiple projects
- Experience in creating safety and environmental management plans
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft skills
- Recognised tertiary qualifications in Health & Safety or similar discipline
You will require flexibility to travel between sites, predominantly in Katherine.
Please note: All defence roles require a medical carried out and a current police clearance to be provided during the recruitment process.
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE
We strive to foster a working environment that supports every individual to attain their best potential with a wide range of employee benefits and ongoing opportunity to develop individual capability including:
- Phone, laptop and vehicle or car allowance included
- Employee recognition programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- Range of perks including salary packaging options and discounted health insurance
HOW TO APPLY
Please click on apply and complete the online application form. Please call Claire Douglas, Recruitment Advisor on 08 6206 6992 if you have any queries in relation to this opportunity.
Duratec is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
Duratec have signed the Veterans Employment Commitment, illustrating that we value the skills and experience of ex-ADF members and will consider veterans for our employment opportunities.
*NO AGENCY CONTACT AT THIS TIME*
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend