Warehousing and Purchasing Assistant
Job no: 493420
Work type: Full Time - White Collar
Location: Perth - Wangara
Categories: Administration, Miscellaneous
Duratec is an ASX listed project-based contractor with a national footprint of 16 branches across Australia providing innovative whole of life engineering, construction and remediation solutions in Mining, Defence, Oil and Gas, Marine, Industrial and Commercial industries.
We are currently seeking a Warehousing and Purchasing Assistant to join our Perth (Wangara) based team. This is suited to someone interested in learning all aspects of warehousing and purchasing in a construction environment, working with a friendly and experienced team. Training will be provided and external courses made available to the right applicant.
The successful candidate will enjoy a busy and varied environment. You will offer supportive and responsive communications with internal customers with an interest in looking for safe, economical, and sustainable solutions. Primarily responsible for general warehouse duties including receival and dispatch, inventory management and forklift operation. Assisting procurement in supply of materials, consumables, plant, and equipment needs.
- Maintaining all materials, plant and equipment in a tidy accessible state in the store
- Purchasing materials, minor plant and equipment
- Manage the checking of shipments when they arrive to ensure the orders have been correctly filled and the goods meet specifications
- Monitor in-house inventory movement and complete inventory transfer forms for accounting purposes
- Incoming/outgoing deliveries - this may require site travel
- General Yard Maintenance associated with housekeeping and stores.
The following will be highly desirable:
- Self-motivated, able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with sound verbal and written communication skills
- Current C class driver’s license - Minimum Requirement
- Experience in hardware, hire industry or customer service
- Mechanically minded and IT savvy
- Current high-risk forklift licence
- White card
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE
We strive to foster a working environment that supports every individual to attain their best potential with a wide range of employee benefits and ongoing opportunity to develop individual capability including.
- Opportunity to enhance skills and obtain formal qualification
- Multiple projects, offering stable long-term employment
- Range of perks including salary packaging options and discounted health insurance
HOW TO APPLY
Please click on apply and complete the online application form.
Duratec is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
*NO AGENCY CONTACT AT THIS TIME*
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend