Job no: 493436
Work type: Full Time - White Collar
Categories: Estimating and Contracts Administration
Duratec is an ASX listed project-based contractor with a national footprint of 16 branches across Australia providing innovative whole of life engineering, construction and remediation solutions in Mining, Defence, Oil and Gas, Marine, Industrial and Commercial industries.
Due to our expanding portfolio of awarded contracts, we are currently seeking interest from experienced Contracts Administrator to join our Glen Iris based Defence team.
Reporting to the Defence State Lead, you will primarily be responsible for the overall contract and commercial management within our Defence operations.
This role works between our Glen Iris office and our project sites as required.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Assisting project management teams with forecasting costs and reporting
- Preparation of variation proposals in conjunction with Project Managers
- Provide ongoing commercial and contractual support for the project teams on a day-to-day basis
- Preparation/ negotiation/ letting of subcontract packages, and procurement scheduling
- Negotiations, monitor, review, analyse and prepare subcontractor and supplier contracts, variations and contract notices and update existing contracts
- Project closing out, administering Deeds of Release and Final Accounts
- Identify areas of risk, exposure and opportunity and reporting
- Extensive experience in a similar commercial role
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail
- Proven experience in the preparation of contract agreements
- Understanding the risks and limitations associated with all project legal agreements and requirements
- Sound working knowledge of project administration and project control applications
- Outstanding ability to engage relationships with subcontractors, suppliers and internal stakeholders to build mutually beneficial relationships
- Positive negotiation, conflict and influencing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – an ability to present information to a range of audiences
- Flexibility to work from site (Defence bases) and work regionally on an adhoc basis when required
Please note: All defence roles require a current police clearance to be provided during the recruitment process.
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE
We strive to foster a working environment that supports every individual to attain their best potential with a wide range of employee benefits and ongoing opportunity to develop individual capability including:
- Car/travel allowance
- Employee recognition programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- Range of perks including salary packaging options and discounted health insurance
HOW TO APPLY
Please click on apply and complete the online application form. Please call Claire Douglas on 08 6206 6992 for further information.
Duratec have signed the Veterans Employment Commitment, illustrating that we value the skills and experience of ex-ADF members and will consider veterans for our employment opportunities.
Duratec is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
*NO AGENCY CONTACT AT THIS TIME*
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend