Job no: 493557
Work type: FT - White
Location: Perth - Balcatta
Categories: Estimating and Contracts Administration
Duratec is an ASX listed project-based contractor with a national footprint of 16 branches across Australia providing innovative whole of life engineering, construction and remediation solutions in Mining, Defence, Oil and Gas, Marine, Industrial and Commercial industries.
Due to an expanding portfolio of awarded contracts, we have a newly created opportunity for an experienced and proactive Estimator to join our Estimating team, based in our Perth office located in Balcatta. Would suit a Resources or Civil Project Engineer/Manager looking for work-life balance. No more FIFO!
Reporting into the Estimating Manager, you will primarily be responsible for estimating tenders and quotes, and ensuring that these tenders are accurate, submitted on time and within the conditions of the tender. You will engage with internal and external stakeholders and work as part of a supportive and growing Estimating team.
- Detailed review of tender documents
- Providing accurate quantity take offs
- Preparing RFQ’s for suppliers & subcontractors
- Collaboration with site teams to capture expert knowledge base
- Development of construction methodologies
- Completion of first principles direct cost estimates
- Provide input for Construction Schedule
- Conduct commercial, risk and profitability reviews
- Detailed tender handover with traceability and support into pre-contracts and delivery
Ideally you will have previous experience as an Estimator from the construction or civil industry. Project Engineers/Managers looking for a new direction are also encouraged to apply. Your ability to be flexible and have a "can-do" attitude with excellent written and verbal communication skills, will ensure that you succeed in this role.
We are looking for:
- Experience gained within a contractor environment similar to Duratec and/or experience in the remediation environment would be highly beneficial
- North West resources / mining experience essential
- Site based experience also highly regarded
- Strong interpersonal skills, confidence and professionalism
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- A strong, financial and commercial acumen is also a must, as well as the ability to identify new project opportunities and ensuring a high success rate of team bids
- High level attention to detail and the ability to work to set timeframes
- Tertiary qualifications in Construction Management / Quantity Surveying / Engineering or similar equivalent
- Proficient in excel and/or estimation software
- Flexibility to travel on an adhoc basis
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE
We strive to foster a working environment that supports every individual to attain their best potential with a wide range of employee benefits and ongoing opportunity to develop individual capability including.
- Laptop, mobile phone and on-site parking
- Employee recognition programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- Supportive, team-based culture
- Range of perks including salary packaging options and discounted health insurance
HOW TO APPLY
Please click on apply and complete the online application form.
Duratec is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
*NO AGENCY CONTACT AT THIS TIME*
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend