Job no: 493827
Work type: FT - White
Categories: Project Management, Project Supervisors
Duratec Australia is an ASX listed Engineering, Construction and Remediation project contractor with a fast-growing national presence. We lead the way in providing whole-of-life solutions for assets across the Defence, Marine, Mining, Energy and commercial sectors. Our impressive portfolio of unique and challenging projects include defence buildings and infrastructure, ports and wharves, power stations, stadia and historic buildings, just to name a few!
Due to an expanding portfolio of awarded contracts within the Defence sector, we are currently seeking an experienced Site Manager to join our VIC Defence Team working out of our Glen Iris projects office. Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be primarily responsible for overall management of the project sites through to completion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be responsible for assisting the project team in all day-to-day operations and running of site activities for the project. As well as management of the project from set up to completion from a site perspective, you will be involved in:
- Ensuring compliance with HSECQ requirements
- Ensuring effective cost control and efficient running of the project
- Coordinating direct labour and subcontractors
- Project progress reporting to the Project Management
- Liaise closely with the client ensuring project runs to program
Along with several years’ experience in a similar role within the building and construction industry (Defence construction, refurbishment and/or façade experience is highly regarded), to be successful in this role you will possess:
- Previous experience managing a portfolio of multiple smaller projects and site-based resources
- Outstanding communication skills at all levels with the ability to form rewarding workplace relationships at all levels including the ability to negotiate and influence in a positive way
- Leadership qualities with a proven ability to develop employees and build strong successful teams
- Trade certification and/or construction management qualifications
The successful candidate will need to pass a police check and medical (including ongoing drug and alcohol testing) and may need to be eligible for a DCAC pass.
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE
Our fast paced and supportive working environment will provide you with a wide range of employee benefits including competitive rates and the ongoing opportunity for career progression.
- Either a fully maintained vehicle or a car allowance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- Rewarding and supportive culture
HOW TO APPLY
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and are passionate about joining a fast-growing company then we want to hear from you! To apply please click on Apply and complete the online application form.
Duratec Australia is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend